5. Serial Auto Analyses
Serial Analysis is used to string together multiple
sets of analyses with different setups, for example, garnets and
biotite, or to run two types of analyses (e.g. quantitative
and mapping). It is important to get the proper conditions loaded,
otherwise none of the analyses will be done properly.
- Open the Serial Analysis program ( Analysis
- Select the proper serial directory (File
Dir). If you don't already have a serial directory,
press the New
button to create one.
- Clear the previous conditions. (Condition
Delete All )
- Press the Input
- For each set of analyses you want to run, do
- Select the type of measurement you want to make
(Quali, Line, Map, Quant or Quali)
- Select the Group/Sample
- Press the Condition
- Select From
Stored Condition file and pick the proper
- Press the Check
button and verify that the conditions are correct.
- Press the OK
- Press the Apply
- If you want to set up another set of analyses,
click the down arrow in the top right of the window. If not click
- Start the analyses. (Measurement
Preset) Verify that all your analyses will
be done and that there is enough disk space left. Press the Acquire
- Watch at least one analyses to ensure that everything
is set up properly. Do the shutdown procedure for running overnight.